Friday, July 3, 2009

Batman: R.I.P by Grant Morrison

Batman: R.I.P. is a really complicated story because the bad guys are toying with Batman's mind in an effort to clone him, and at the end it's hard to tell what actually happened and what were implanted memories. From what I can tell, though, Batman is not dead at the end, Thomas Wayne was not a sinister villain, and Bruce Wayne is still Batman. I may have to read it a few times to really understand what is going on. (I think Bruce Wayne is thought dead at the end of Final Crisis, but I haven't read that yet.)
In addition to keeping you glued to the page, it gives a great summary of all the important parts of the Batman storyline, including Richard Grayson becoming Robin and then Nightwing, Jason Todd becoming Robin and being killed by the Joker, Barbara Gordon being shot and paralyzed, and Tim Drake becoming Robin.
Review by David Dunkerton

No comments:

Post a Comment